Banner

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

About me

you can search on my blog for healthy life.

Choosing the Right Fitness Program

Posted by syed amer abbass Saturday 11 June 2011


Choosing the Right Fitness Program

Platinum Quality Author Platinum Author 

Starting a fitness program involves more than a DVD and some dumbbells. The most important part is to determine whether or not you will stick to the fitness program once you begin.

The problem.
 We see this problem all the time at the beginning of a New Year. Everyone joins a health club or gym with every intention to go three or four times a week. Go back to the same gym a month later and the place will be half empty compared to the first week of January. Why? People did not develop a workout habit.
No Habit, No Workout

Most people do not develop the habit of sticking to a fitness program. I know the problem first hand. About five years ago I started to go the gym again after a two-year layoff. The reason for the layoff I was busy with work and family or at least that's the excuse I used. The true problem was I lost the habit of going to the gym and staying on my fitness program.

Anyway, my first time back was great. I ran about a mile on the treadmill and did some light weight lifting. However, the next day I paid for the workout in the form of pain. My legs, back and arms hurt. Hurt is putting it mild. I could not lift my arms without feeling any pain.

Need to Continue with Program
 Did I go back the next day? No. However, I did go back two days later. I did the same type of workout again. The following day I was ready for pain in my arms and legs again. But you know what? No pain. I was now on my way to continue using my new fitness program.
The problem most people have is the pain they feel the next day after working out. You need to realize aching muscles is part of the development. The main advice I can give is to not to overdo your initial workouts. Like anything new you need to build on the previous step.

How Do We Teach Kids to Swim?
We do not teach our kids how to swim by throwing them in the deep end and yell, "SWIM!" No, we teach our kids progressively.
We have them swim in the shallow end first to build up their courage and swimming habits. I know initially my kids were scared to jump into the pool, but after a couple tries they were fine. Now they are doing twirls and jumping high in the air to make bigger splashes.

Your New Fitness Program
Your new fitness program can do the same for you. Yes, initially it won't be fun and a little scary, but the more you come back the better you will be. Today if I miss two or three days in a row without running or doing
 some type of physical fitness my body doesn't feel right. I know I need to go workout.

The workout can be something as basic as doing a light jog around the neighborhood for 15 or 20 minutes. I've found just getting the heart pumping can be a great fitness program.

My message is simple just starting doing something. The easiest fitness program I have found is to do some type of workout every other day: Workout then take a day off. This type of fitness routine can become a habit. I should know it worked for me.

Tina Danfield is a staff writer and resident fitness guru for http://thefitnessoasis.com. She is a working mom who tries to fit in home fitness into her busy schedule. Staying healthy is part of having a healthy family. Learn tips and ideas at The Fitness Oasis where you can find additional articles and home fitness products.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6305019

0 comments

Post a Comment

Translation Bar

FWT Homepage Translator

Ad Brite

Earn $25

Earning Money

Ask an Expert - Visit my Virtual Office at LivePerson

About Me

My Photo
syed amer abbass
View my complete profile

Ad Zone